Mom and dad, I figured out the plan you had for raising me. I figured out why you didn’t say much when I was 18 and ran as fast and as far away from your house as I could. I know why there wasn’t some sort of intervention to force me back into church or lectures to get me to straighten out in my early twenties.
You did what God wants you to do as Parents:
1. Love your kids enough to let them go
2. Love God enough to trust him in the hurt
3. Love your kids enough to never give up hope
4. Love your kids enough to maintain communication. (Mom, thanks for this).
5. Love your kids enough to celebrate a reconnection.
Thanks for doing your best to raise me with strong Christian values, then letting me go to experience life on my own! Thanks for having trust in God’s plan for me.
I love you both!