Son, first, you need to know what we are up against. You need to know what got us into this mess. I am to blame for much of what you are seeing wrong. If it isn’t’ apparent to you yet, there sure is a lot of “bad news” these days. It is no wonder I lost sight of what is important during times like these. Prayer and faith are the only things that can get us through. It took way too long for me to realize that.
I’m sorry I had to sit in my car for 15 minutes once I got home from work to cool off and let go of my anger and frustration. I’m sorry you had to witness me arguing with my family over things I had no control of. I’m sorry you had to hear me call our political leaders names and talk down about the great people of this country. Maybe you can reverse the curve. Take a look at what covered the major news websites not long ago. This is just one day. (see below) We can’t let it get to us, we have to be strong.
“They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.” Psalms 112:7
Let’s look at some recent headlines. (these are real headlines)
• US Fury, DEA Killer flees in Mexico
• Obama weighs options How would a military strike against Syria unfold
• Like a bomb went off. Yosemite fire grows as officials report progress
• Fort Hood Shooter rests case without speaking at sentencing
• Apparent cyber attack hits New York Times
• Atheists call 9-11 memorial cross “grossly offensive
• Girls Gone Wild porn founder gets jail for alleged assault.
• Here is a good one: Obama to give personal reflections on MLK 50 year anniversary of march.
• 16 year old survives first ever documented serious wolf attack in Minnesota
• Battles simmer over debt ceiling, government shutdown.
• Schools ban cheerleader uniforms during class day
• Bradlee’s daughter in law reveals (almost) all.
• Chinese boy, 6 has eyes gouged out in bloody attack
• California DA who had an affair with former prostitute, now person of interest in arson.
• $3 million bail set for 2nd suspect in beating death of vet
• Stars who lost their mojo. Pictures
• 80,000 lb wail encounter (a good one for the kiddos)
• Stars rejected by Playboy
• Alec argues with media again.
• Cost of raising a tennis pro. (Sounds like it could be beneficial.)
• Mom fakes death of twins.
• Syrian Electronic Army claims cyber attacks
• Administration drums up support for Syrian strike
• Texas church at epicenter of measles outbreak.
• Mother of Slain GA baby cross examined by Defense
• Bail at $3 million for 2nd teen in veteran beating case.
• Girls Gone Wild creator gets 270 days in jail
• Woman removed 6 year old’s eyes
• Napolitano warns of serious cyber attack, natural disaster
• PA child porn victim sues viewers for 150K each
• Medal of honor winner on getting the president’s call. (sounds like a great one)
• Burger King to offer French Fry Burger for $1.
• Ford recounts assassination attempt.
• Florida boy dies after battling brain eating parasite.
• World’s largest round cut diamond for sale.
• Missing Arizona teen found dead in Oregon
• Syria’s youngest victims: Hospitals struggle to identify dead children.
• Breaking News: New York Times hacked for 2nd time in 2 weeks.
• King in 1967: “ my dream has turned into a nightmare.”
• Brought to his knees, can Tiger conquer his injuries?
• Yosemite fire growing to one of the largest ever in California
• Teen suspect: We were buying crack WWII vet.
• More photos from Boston manhunt released.
• SC diners claim they were kicked out because of race
• Slain Australian baseball player remembered at funeral.
• Feds: Bank chair used bailout money for luxury condo
• Casino bets on strippers to boost flagging fortunes
• Flying family dilemma, lug the car seat or pay up at rental counter (could be informative)
• Red Line: Why is it chemical weapons?
• War killed 100,000 before attack
• Virus likely culprit of dolphin deaths
• Fukushima toxic leak “serious”
• Hasan draws a gasp in the courtroom
• NY Times down in likely attack
• Stocks slump on Syria fears
• Interactive: How racism still sneaks in.
• Starbucks: No Obamacare cuts.
• Walmart to cover domestic partners
• AEG expert: MJ was a drug addict
• 8 dengue cases detected in Florida
• Teen fan of “into the wild” found dead
• Teen wakes to wolf biting his head
• Printers botch new $100 bill.
• Can bulletproof whiteboards really help?
• Miley Cyrus is sexual, get over it.
• Cheerleader grabs 72lb catfish (cool, but why did they have to say cheerleader to describe her?)
• Tech that will save your life in an apocalypse.